The Quality Assurance Technician is responsible for inspecting, testing and sampling both ingredients and materials to ensure that good manufacturing standards are being practiced and clients are receiving a high-quality product.
• Monitor product for quality, consistency, color, smell & taste
• Perform checks on finished good, encapsulation procedures, and cleaning procedures
• Ensure compliance with quality specifications & procedures and sanitary specifications & procedures
• Obtain product samples during work shift for lab testing
• Oversee the flow of production to ensure there is no contamination of supplements
• Complete daily activity logs with finding & recommendations
• Assist in Document Control
• Tests sanitizer concentration, in sanitation room, once a day if Sanitation Technician is absent
• Inspects and samples all incoming raw ingredients, takes micro samples, and verifies the information on COA
• Keeps retention of each product packaged
• Inspects and releases labels upon receiving
• Tracks label issues that need review and corrections
• Performs weekly internal pest control audits
• Other responsibilities as assigned by supervisor
• Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Food Science, Microbiology, Chemistry, Biology, or related fields
• 1+ years of nutraceutical industry experience
• 1+ year of auditing experience
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Experience enforcing SOP and product specifications
• Proficiency with all MS Office Suite programs
• Expertise in Excel required
• Strong mathematics skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Superior communication skills
• NSF and OSHA knowledge a plus
• Written and spoken English skills preferred
• Professional: Stay cool under fire.
• Innovative: We value creative out of the box solutions.
• Vulnerable: Be coachable. Don’t be afraid to admit your mistakes.
• Ownership: Take responsibility for the good as well as the bad.
• Trustworthy: Do what you say you’re going to do.
The work performed is within an operational manufacturing plant. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to manufacturing environments for a periodic extend workdays to include; exposure to moving mechanical parts, loud noise, heat, cold, fumes and/or airborne particles, vibration, bright light and slippery conditions. The noise level in the work environment can be very loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands/fingers to handle/feel; reach with hands and arms; climb; balance; stoop; kneel; crouch; crawl; reach; pull; balance; carry; handle.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equinox Nutraceutical ©2022. All Rights Reserved.